CRATONI Connect App
Effective Date: 02.02.2021
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. In the following, we inform you about the collection and processing of personal data when using this app. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. names, addresses and email addresses.
The responsible party within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 DSGVO is CRATONI Helmets GmbH (“Cratoni“), Dr.-Hockertz-Straße 33, 73635 Rudersberg, email@example.com, +49 (0) 7183-93930-0. For further details, please refer to our imprint at: http://cratoni.com/de/impressum.
1. What does CRATONI Helmets GmbH do?
CRATONI Helmets GmbH is a specialist in the development, manufacture and distribution of bicycle helmets as well as goggles.
With the Cratoni App, we are pursuing the goal of making the connection between the rider, the bicycle and its environment even more interactive, increasing the fascination of cycling and making rides more effective, more communicative and at the same time safer than ever before.
The Cratoni app is designed to revolutionize cycling and make it safer. It provides for networking among cyclists and even calls help in case of emergency to the corresponding accident site. In case of an emergency/accident, your coordinates will be automatically communicated via SMS to any of your previously stored contacts with GPS data via the app.
2. Features of the Cratoni App
(partly only possible in combination with the Cratoni Smartride):
- Hands-free to call or communicate with each other in the group via Walkie Takie function.
- SOS alarm / crash sensor via G-sensor to get help in case of emergency.
- Control of the innovative technical Smart Lightning concept of the Smartride helmet.
- Play music playlist.
3. What personal data do we process?
We process your personal data as follows:
- personal data that we process automatically.
When you use the app, we do not collect any personal data, except for the data transmitted by your terminal device to enable the use of the app. These are: IP address, date and time of the request, time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), content of the request (specific page), access status/HTTP status code, amount of data transferred in each case, website from which the request came, browser, operating system and its interface, and the language and version of the browser software. When downloading the app, the necessary information is transmitted to the App Store, i.e. in particular user name, e-mail address and customer number of your account, time of download, payment information and the individual device identification number. However, we have no influence on this data collection and are not responsible for it. We process this provided data insofar as this is necessary for downloading the app to your smartphone. They are not stored further beyond this. When using the app, we collect the following additional personal data to enable the app’s functions: Your device identification, unique number of the terminal device (IMEI = International Mobile Equipment Identity), unique number of the network subscriber (IMSI = International Mobile Subscriber Identity), mobile phone number (MSISDN), MAC address for WLAN use, name of your mobile device, e-mail address.
- data that we process based on your use of the app:
In addition, the following data will be processed from you as part of your use of the App:
a) Emergency location and notification function
The App gets access to the GPS coordinate information of the cell phone as well as to the phone book information of the user. This data is necessary for sending an SMS to the phone number selected by the user in the event of an emergency using the GPS coordinates. The SMS is sent via the service provider Plivo (api.plivo.com) and in this context the telephone number and the GPS coordinates are passed on to this service provider.
The following permissions are required to operate the App on your terminal device:
- Location service: the App requires the authorization to use the location service in order to search for Bluetooth devices,
- Background location: if the app is disconnected from the device while driving, the app must be able to automatically reconnect to the device, otherwise the functions of the APP cannot be used.
- Bluetooth: The app must connect to the device via Bluetooth, so the app must be able to turn on Bluetooth when needed.
- Storage Authorization: The app can play music through the device
- Access to contacts: The app must add an emergency contact. If the ride has an accident, the app can notify the emergency contact immediately. The app will only save the user’s selected contact and send a short message to the saved user in case of an emergency (see III.2.b above).
- Display: When the cell phone locks the screen, the emergency page is displayed if the driver is judged to be in a wrong condition. If the driver does not cancel the alarm, the app sends the current position of the driver to the emergency contact
4. Storage period
The data described in section III. above will not be stored by Cratoni.
5. Legal basis for the processing of personal data.
The processing of the data described in section III.1 serves the purpose of being able to provide you with the Cratoni App with the functions described in section II. It is necessary for the performance of the contract, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) DSGVO. The processing of the data mentioned under section III.2. is based on your consent, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO.
6. Your rights
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- You have the right to free information about your stored personal data, their origin and recipient and the purpose of data processing. Upon your request, which must include sufficient information to confirm your identity, we will provide you with copies of the personal data available about you to the extent of your right to information. We will additionally inform you of the purpose for which your data is processed, to whom this data is disclosed and where it originates.
- You may also contact us in writing at any time to request the correction of any personal data relating to you that is inaccurate. You may also request the blocking, deletion or other elimination of inaccurate data.
- Upon your written notice, we will delete your data immediately if the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- If you have given us your consent to collect your personal data, you may revoke it at any time by notifying us at the contact address below or by adjusting your app settings.
- Right to data portability: you also have the right to receive personal data concerning you that you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transfer it to another controller without hindrance from us.
- If you believe that their personal data have been processed unlawfully or without a sufficient legal basis, or that your rights outlined above have not been implemented or have not been implemented correctly, you can make a submission to the competent data protection supervisory authority:
The State Commissioner for Data Protection of Baden-Württemberg
Address: P.O. Box 10 29 32, 70025 Stuttgart, Königstraße 10a, 70182 Stuttgart, Germany
Telephone: 0711 615541 – 0
Fax: 0711 615541 – 15
To exercise your rights, please use the contact information below.
7. How you can reach us
If you have any questions about our processing of personal data or if you wish to exercise any of the rights described in section VI, please contact us:
CRATONI Helmets GmbH
+49 (0) 7183-93930-0